Pros and Cons of Pebble Dashing for Your Home
Pebble dashing is a widely used decorative exterior finish that has been used on homes for many years across the UK. It consists of a mortar mix that is applied to the external walls of the building and then small stones, such as pebbles, are thrown onto the walls in order to create an attractive finish.
Pebble dashing can be a great way to give your home a facelift and add some visual interest to the exterior of your property. However, it is important to consider the pros and cons of this type of finish before you commit to having it applied to your home.
- Low Maintenance – Pebble dashing is a relatively low maintenance exterior finish for your home. It does not require any regular maintenance and does not need to be repainted regularly, like other types of finishes.
- Weatherproof – Pebble dashing is waterproof and can help protect your home from the elements. It can also help to insulate the building from the cold, which can help to reduce your energy bills.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Pebble dashing can add a unique, decorative touch to your home’s exterior. The stones come in a variety of colours and sizes, so you can choose a finish that suits the style of your home and complements the existing architecture.
- Cost – Pebble dashing can be quite expensive compared to other types of exterior finishes. You may also need to hire a professional to apply the finish, which will add to the cost.
- Damage – The stones used in pebble dashing can become loose and may need to be replaced periodically. The finish can also be damaged by high winds, hail and heavy rain.
- Unappealing – Some people find pebble dashing to be an unattractive finish for their home. It may not suit all types of architecture, and can make some homes look dated.
visual interest to the exterior of your property. However, it is important to consider the pros and cons of this type of finish before you commit to having it applied to your home.
If you decide that pebble dashing is the right choice for your home, it is important to hire a professional to ensure that the finish is applied correctly and will last for many years. This can help you to avoid any expensive repair bills down the line. To get a free estimate for pebble dash rendering, removal, cleaning or repair. Just fill out a free estimate form and we will get right back to you.